Wednesday 4 March 2009

These Are My Hands.

I have a freckle on my right hand (your left) that you can see.  Both hands are pretty wrinkly and lined from too much time in the concoction of water and chlorine chemicals.  My hands are much more comfortable when my fingers are curved right into my palm... hopefully that means I've got piano hands.  I've currently got a crack in the base of the bone in my left thumb.  I sometimes have bitten nails, from when I get very nervous.  The skin on my hands seems to shed once a year, it was much worse in the winter when I was swimming, I could literally pull a whole layer of skin off my palm.  The skin next to my nails peels so badly that both thumbs are scarred right down to the knuckle, and my fingers get very sore, especially in the winter.  I have very prominent veins, which is a good thing seeing as I've been into hospital so many times and countless needles and drips sticking out of them.  When I tan you can see the small needle size scars on my both my hands.  The fingers and thumb on my right hand are longer than those that make up my left hand.  I have a writer's lump on my right middle finger.  I have quite boyish, weathered looking hands.  My left hand is stronger than my right, which is odd seeing as I'm right handed.  I have a splinter in my left fore finger from my desk that I should really stop cutting up.  I have quite restless hands.  Very sensitive hands.  They bleed quite a lot.  They shake a fair bit now and then.  My right hand is always colder than my left.  Both hands go orange and purple if they get too cold.  I like holding things or keeping my hands busy.  My Teddy is the perfect size for one of my hands to hold and you can see where I hold him from where his fluff is now missing and his insides have kind of shaped themselves to my hand...  These are hands that love playing Ronald.  Hands that love to make music.  Hands that want to make things better.  These are my hands.  My very precious hands.

1 comment:

Lyle said...

Good post. Very original, and I'm impressed how you managed to make such a sizeable post yet not deviate from the theme.

Somewhat unrelated, I wonder if posting a high-res photo of your fingerprint can be used to fool a biometric scanner! With the right technology you can clone a door key with a photo, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.