Wednesday 31 October 2007

Make Like Butter and Spread.


15 things that I love.

The sound of breathing in a song.

Letting just enough air out under the water in De La Salle pool so that I'm suspended like a puppet, not sinking, not floating to the top... It feels like I'm flying.

Marina's hugs. No one else's, just hers.

Helen's Gingerness, and the way she denies it.

Kissing someone I love.

Closing my eyes and listening, feeling Danny Elfman's music.

That little extra squeeze someone gives you when they're holding your hand, saying, I'm here, always have been, always will be.

My ma's apple crumble.

Hey there, Freckles.

The way Patch (my cat) used to only climb the stairs to my bedroom when he some how knew I was ill and needed a hug.

The sheer heart attack excitement I get when I hear something about Queen, when I hear their music, when I buy one of their Live DVDs and get as excited and breathless as I would be if I were really there watching.

The sound of an orchestra.

The way Jamie stares.

Rain.

Roger.

2 comments:

Marina said...

:D
You're the first to reply!
Keep spreading people!
Love!
<3

Helen McGuire - said...

i will say it once, i will say it a billion times - I AM NOT GINGER NOR WILL I EVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH GINGER, GINGERNESS, or ANY WORD ASSOCIATED WITH GINGER. THIS INCLUDES THE WORD ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i will now go and sulk, alone, gr