Wednesday 30 April 2008

Fix You (Written on April 30th)

Yesterday was such a perfect day. Not in the way that everything felt bright and brilliant, or that the weather was shining (because it really wasn't that kinda perfect), but in the way that there were four perfect moments that I want to hold onto forever.

We'd just come out of an assembly from the church at school, in which the Cold Play song 'Fix You' was played. We were underneath the little entrance of the church, when they turned round and sang to me the line from the song that says "I will try, to fix you." Everything in that moment seemed to stop, even as the rain hammered down on us. And if there's something to fight for, there it was, my reason. (but that's not to say that I didn't have reason to fight before. There are so many people and things to fight for.)

It was then after lunch, that I came back from a lesson, and Marina was waiting there for me. "I've been waiting for you to come back, so I can say goodbye before I leave." She was only going home, not away or anything. But she attached herself to me as if we'd been sewn together, never to be torn apart. A second perfect moment.

I then sat in front of this computer and checked all my usual feeds, the last one being Marina's blog. As I sat there and read, I cried, laughed out loud and I just felt so happy. I just can't describe.

I was in bed at around 11:00. I had just downloaded onto my ipod three versions of "Fix You", and orchestral version, a choir version and the original. And for the first time, I listened to all the words.

Perfect.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home,
And ignite your bones,
And I will try to fix you.

High up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And I

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

2 comments:

Lyle said...

Music is wonderful like that... it only takes a song or a single line to have such a profound emotional effect. That's how I know you'll do fine in life, you understand music's power better than anyone.

It might also be worth mentioning Kingdom Come on the same Coldplay album as Fix You... That's one of the one that always gets me :)

Marina said...

You make me so happy.
I love you.