Saturday 19 April 2008

Thank You Lyle.

I stumbled across a personality test that Lyle gave a link to in his blog. Here was my result:

Your personality type:
Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.


Some of it was quite accurate a thought, and the rest very flattering if you think it applies to me.

But here's what it said I should become. As I was reading this list I was becoming increasingly worried that my one career dream was not coming up. But *phew* there it was, at the bottom of the pile:

Careers that could fit you includes:
Teachers, consultants, psychiatrists, social workers, counselors, clergy, sales representative, human resources, managers, events coordinators, politicians, diplomats, writers, actors, designers, homemakers, musicians, religious workers. (and HA to becoming a religious worker. But then I also feel myself being slowly drawn in to beliving in God...)

1 comment:

Lyle said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I'd say that's a pretty accurate analysis of you too.

Out of interest, can you remember which way those 4 bars were tilted towards? Cos from that you can work out which of the 16 the Myers-Briggs personality types you fit into... Eg:
I'm more Introverted than Extroverted, more iNtuitive than Sensing, more Thinking that Feeling and more Judging than Perceiving - thus, my type is INTJ.

From the sounds of yours, it's gotta be extrovert and feeling, but I'd be interested to know what it is exactly cos there's all sorts of interesting analysis that can be done when you put 2 personalities together.

Actually, I bet you're ESFP, my complete opposite, they're meant to get on well, paradoxically :)