Friday 13 February 2009

Octavia

My throat feels a bit elongated this morning lol

Last night I attempted to write an a cappella, which didn't work as I got frustrated and hated what I was coming up with.  I then wrote a short string section part randomly, which I hated too.  So instead I decided to see how much my voice has improved range wise and decided to do a vocal exercise by seeing how many parts of a choir I could cover.  

I sang about five octaves. 
I went from an A sharp two octaves below middle C to an A sharp two octaves above middle C lol. I might have got that wrong, but if I include the A sharp in the octave of C as the same octave, it's two A sharps above that note.  So yeah, 5 octaves :)
The recording doesn't sound particularly nice, but still, I got there with no auto tune and I've never been able to sing that high before hehe! I just feel sorry for my house mates having to listen to me practically scream ten times into the microphone hahaha.  Oh well, most of them were in the distant kitchen.

I had no voice for about half an hour after a loud CRACK occurred in my throat, which was a very odd sensation.  But after lots of honey it seemed to crawl back a little bit :)

Yay!

No comments: