Friday 25 July 2008

Mars Attacks!

So I went to Thomas' house tonight to chill and watch some films, with my friends which was great as always, and one of the films we watched was Mars Attacks, Directed by Tim Burton, music by none other than Danny Elfman.  There was one scene in particular that reminded me of something I was thinking today whilst at work.  I was on rotation on the outdoor swimming pool, and underneath the paving, on the edge of the pool, live a billion ants and flying ants.  Now, I could quite easily, if I wanted to, stand on about 50 in one go, killing them all, with no mercy, no remorse.  Now how am I to know, that those ants, may have a family and friends that love and care for them, and will now have to suffer just because I, the human being, poses the almighty word that is power to squish them?

In the film, the aliens come down to earth, and kill, for no apparent reason, millions... dads mums brothers sisters friends grandmas grandpas cousins aunts uncles...  because they can.  Because they have the technology and supreme power.  And they just don't care.  Maybe I might lay off the ants and leave them to burrow away at the waters edge as much as I don't like them after my bad experience with ants!

Just one of my many thoughts of the day!  Another thought I had today was how I hate it when people look down their nose at you, especially when they know you're in the right! (a man a the pool was being a dick head to be polite!)

Then after I almost crashed my car, I decided to lay on the roof of my Enterprise and watch the stars for a while, before coming up to write this blog. (I'm fine by the way).

No comments: