Tuesday 11 November 2008

I LOVE MUSIC!!!! (amen!)

You know, I find it fascinating how differently  people can hear / interpret one piece of music.  Yesterday, I composed a random piece in about an hour, and I don't think it sounds like what I normally write, yet it still is very much in my style of writing.  I showed it to quite a few people, as we have a lecture in the evening where we have to show what we're currently working on.

One person said it was a cross between me and the black eyed peas, and needs a rap...
One person said it very much reminded him of Elfman's more orchestral Oingo Boingo days...
One person said I needed dark lyrics, as it portrayed a sense of dark destiny...
One person said it sounds perfect for a film or epic video game...
And another person said it should be turned into the next Christmas single no.1, with a haunting Christmas choir singing the lyrics...!

Amazing!  There were more interpretations, but I just find it so amazing how music can do that, and how it represents something completely different to different people. :)

1 comment:

T said...

Totally...I find it especially weird how when I listen to a piece of soundtrack music it can send shivers down my spine, but my flatmates think my soundtrack music is crap and think dance music is better. I mean, I like their music too, but I dont understand how they can't feel anything when they listen to a piece of soundtrack music....very odd xx