Saturday 1 November 2008

la, la la la laaaaa.

I wonder what makes beauty? 
If you create something beautiful, how can you tell it is?
Why do people love beauty?
For me, Ice dance was the first beautiful piece of music I heard and it's stuck to my mind forever. (or so I can remember).

I've just written a choir piece, in which I have sung every part in (83 of me at one time!).  It started off as a single cello line, and just developed out of no where into a choir piece, it just kinda wrote itself.  I've always wanted to write a choir piece.  It is the same chord throughout, for 5 minutes it does not change, and it's just me humming, singing ahhs and oohs and laas and thats about it.  So is it still interesting?  What makes me love choirs?  Why do I think they sound so beautiful?

I wonder, if, for the first time, I was to write something that others might call beautiful, how I would feel.  I've always wanted to write something beautiful.  Is this piece my first composition of beauty?  Or is it just a pile of boring crap?  But hmm... I wonder...

1 comment:

Das said...

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or i geuss in this case the ears of the listener.