Friday 23 January 2009

ANY OLD CRAP!!! :D

Tonight I was sent three tracks that I wrote or performed for my GCSE music course.
When I heard them I absolutely pissed myself.  A remake of phantom of the opera and generic ideas ran though my compositions.  I wonder when the point was that I truly started to hear that orchestra that is so deeply imbedded into my brain cells?  I listen to those compositions and smile very, very broadly, as I can clearly hear how much my compositional ideas have improved.  Now filled with feelings and emotions and stories and tales of wondrous worlds.  I thank the heavens for the teacher who taught it all to me.  Music is my very life and soul.  I couldn't imagine not composing.  And I know as I sit here and listen, that I'm definitely doing the right course.  Music.  Music.  Ah, music.  Where would I be without it?  

On a different note, when I was out for my run, the flood lights that fill the field suddenly switched off, and to my amazement, the stars turned up.  Even as the orange glow from the lights of London took over the skies, I looked up, and saw the plough, the belt and the big M in the sky, closed my eyes, and imagined myself at that special place where the milky way rushes over your head and shooting stars fly silently by.  I breathed in the cold air and just smiled. 

No comments: