Sunday 18 January 2009

Dance With Me

I got a text from Claire saying she was at my uni, so Marina and I went over to meet her, which was really surreal for me, to have two of my friends from Jersey in Hertfordshire... but awesome none the less!   We then went house hunting once more, had some potential good news, and we'll get more information on monday!  

The evening, was the best part to yesterday however...  Marina, Alex and I, made our way into central London to go and watch Edward Scossirhands on stage!  Ah man, The first piece of music they played was Danny Elfman's Story Time, and I just shivers all the way down my spine.  There's just something about listening to music live that gives it that something else.  Such beauty.  I just wish some others were there next to us to listen to it.  Most of the music was taken from the original film score, but a lot of it was also composed but some one else, in a jazz style mainly.  It gave the story a new light, and worked well with the adaptation of the story.

My favourite scenes were the ending of the first half, where Edward's artistic hedges came to life, and the ballet and Elfman's music, were just perfect.  The other one with out saying was the scene called Ice Dance... favourite in the film, favourite in the stage show.

The end was also spectacular, the music was Elfman's "The grand Finale", the ballet was beautiful and it even snowed on the audience...  perfect.

Now the music is swirling round my head and I can't help but smile.  It really is the best sound track ever composed, in my opinion.  It really is.

No comments: