Wednesday 29 October 2008

Elbow

I was going to upload a song that was played in a lecture yesterday that gave me shivers for the entire length of the song.  But the video is too big to upload.  I think I may have heard it before, but not like this.

The speakers were loud but not blasting, and I closed my eyes and the song just swirled round me and was just so beautiful.  I didn't understand any of the words, but looked them up for this blog. So if you get the chance to hear it, listen.

One Day Like This.

Drinking in the morning sun
Blinking in the morning sun
Shaking off the heavy one
Heavy like a loaded gun


What made me behave that way?
Using words I never say
I can only think it must be love
Oh, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

Someone tell me how I feel
It's silly wrong but vivid right
Oh, kiss me like the final meal
Yeah, kiss me like we die tonight


Cause holy cow, I love your eyes
And only now I see the light
Yeah, lying with me half-awake
Oh, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

When my face is chamois-creased
If you think I'll wink, I did
Laugh politely at repeats
Yeah, kiss me when my lips are thin


Cause holy cow, I love your eyes
And only now I see you like
Yeah, lying with me half-awake
Stumbling over what to say
Well, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day


So throw those curtains wide!
One day like this a year'd see me right!

3 comments:

T said...

Yer I know this song, I love it :) xx

T said...

In fact, there's a song on you tube that is really me and sends shivers down my spine, even the film reminds me of myself - type in 'Flicka' and scroll down to the one thats a cartoon and says 'Spirit - Flicka end title'...and that song is so like me :) xx

Helen McGuire - said...

i saw them do this twice at glastonbury - on the big stage, with the whole crowd singing along, and in an intimate acoustic set, where there were only about 100 people, and it was amazing!!! I love this song so much, I always listen to it on my way into uni cause i walk through these amazing woods. It just makes the walk go so much faster!!