Friday 17 October 2008

Yar Harrr!!

My lectures were awesome yesterday.  We have one guy for two different lectures, but he's so funny!  We were talking about minimalism and the calming effects that pieces like Steve Reich's Piece for 18 musicians has upon your brain, and even thought the piece is an hour long, made up of repeated patterns, you could sit there and listen to it all the way through and not get bored.  We then moved onto Eno's ambient compositions, which we will be studying in more depth soon.  Only problem when he played a particular song, I was immediately transported back to that one scene in the studio, where I see myself lying across three wheelie chairs, all the sight sounds and smells clear as day.    We then had half an hour to kill before the next lecture, and so we ploncked ourselves on the floor, me, Alex, Danny (a different one) and Dean, and spoke about, yup, Disney.  And how magical it is, and how funny films such as The Emporer's New Groove are.  It was pretty surreal, sitting there with three boys, Dean a death metal head, Danny a complete hyper puppy and Alex a sexy rock guitar god (according to Danny that is haha)

After speaking to practically all my friends on iChat and Skype and facebook, I spent about two hours battling it out in Guitar hero and watching Family Guy with my house mates last night.  Man it was sooo funny!  Watching Dan actually complete Through the fire and flames on expert level was amazing to watch, but boring compared to the memories it brought back of Thomas and Big Dave smashing it up at a film night at mine a while back now.  I pissed myself and no one knew why haha!  
Feeling a bit worse for wear again this morning, but ah well!  Tonight there is a pirate party at the SU, a great excuse to dress and talk like a pirate with out any one thinking you're a complete weirdo, oh, and to buy lots and lots of rum!  (why is the rum, always gone?)  (found this picture of a great scene in the second film, amazing drawing)

Yo ho, yo ho, a Pirates Life Fer Meeee (and as Cpt. Jack Sparrow would say, I LOVE that song!  AHHHH!! And that has also got me extremely excited because I'm going to Disney at Christmas!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! :D  )


No comments: