Saturday 18 October 2008

Hoorah for the Internet and the Power of Cross Fade!

One composition almost done.  It's a while till the deadline, but I had the idea almost straight away when we were set the work, so why wait?  I really hope it's the right sort of thing.

Real Saxophone and Clarinet parts have now been added in, thanks to the kindness of Leigh performing the parts and Thomas engineering, so thank you both very much! (and yay!)
Other course work includes a presentation on Danny Elfman, essays on compositions and scores, film music and the industry in general.  Other compositions set are minimalism and solo piece for violin and others too.  The course keeps on getting more interesting, as does the research.  I'm lucky enough to live about two minutes away from a huge learning resources centre, which is really calming, and I'm actually enjoying reading for a change.  But then again, I find myself lost in the music section, with books and scores everywhere, covering theory to hip hop, Beethoven to Zimmer.  It's awesome!

1 comment:

gwailoleigh said...

It was a pleasure. Live the dream Kiddo live the dream