Friday 10 October 2008

Shu ba bap King doin dong boom bam.

Well it looks like Friday is gonna be the day that will be closest to a day in school.  I start at 9 am and have lunch actually at lunch time, then back for a lecture till 4pm.  The day starts off with a practical ensemble session, where we have singing lessons, learn about different instruments, how they're played.. we sing as choirs and perform as groups, and it's stimulating for the brain at that time in the morning!  Next semester, we will be forming Gamalan ensembles and steel drum ensembles!  We look at alternative methods to scoring, and how we each interpret them from a performance view point.  It's all quite exciting.  my lecturer seems to have some form of agressive attacks and swears randomly and loudly at people.  He himself seems to find it entertaining. 

I've just finished my second lecture, which was styles and trends, and course work includes and essay and a post modern composition.  I'm thinking of fusing jazz and orchestral, with beefy beats and pop singing.  That should be a bit of a challenge :)

I'm now scoffing left over rice, veg and cheese, which is actually really nice lol.  Next I actually have a composition session. Woop!

No comments: