Monday 6 October 2008

Techniques and technology anyone?

So I've just had my first lecture, next two - 4 till 7.

It made me smile when I sat down, to see the USB box was bright green and just like the one back in the studio :)  First lecture on the history of sampling - really interesting and I took 5 pages of notes, all of stuff I had no idea about, (like the first sampler machinery and the fact that Les Paul was the first guy to create the multi track tape recorder) until he was talking about the 70s onwards.  I'm one of only 5 people that have seen logic pro 8, let alone used it, and the next three lectures are all practical, learning the basics of logic and sampling.  My tutor was a guy I hadn't met yet, and he was really nice, took time to answer questions and explain everything fully, and I really enjoyed it.  Crazy to think that all my lectures are on music, and I can't wait to explore just some of the many topics I have to study here.  No more RS, unless it envelopes the subliminal political and religious messages put forward by Steve Reich through his method of tape loops. :)  I'm now gonna scoff some lunch then copy up my notes, download the presentation and head off to my next lecture on engraving. :)

No comments: