Monday 8 December 2008

OoooooHhh

Hmm... So I have my first university exam tomorrow... Kind of shitting my pants, but hey, at least the subject is on one of my favourite lectures of the week: 
INSTRUMENTATIONNN!!!
The exam will be on the ranges and tuning of each instrument on the orchestra, how the orchestra is placed, numbers etc, examples of each section of the orchestra in compositions, and why they are good examples... errrmm.... listening questions... an essay question... the differences between real and virtual emulated instruments, comments etc... argh! Oh well, I'm pretty sure it's now settled nicely in my very busy head. A mixture of the Brandenburg concertos, One Day Like This, Rite of Spring, Bolero, L'Histoire Du Soldat, Ionisation and the Dirty Dozen rambling round in my brain, what a delightful mix of horror and joyous verses lol


I'm not looking forward to my lecture next week, however, as it is on the biology of the ear and things like that.. how humans "listen" etc... which is all very interesting and stuff... la la la!  The idea of science in music, I just can't get my head around for some reason.  The two subjects just don't go together in my head!  *shrug*

I have just finished all my colourful notes, and they now cover half my wall next to my bed... so I'm going to lie there and read and sing for the next couple o' hours, chill as such.

Went to the doctors for my ear today.. Got given a prescription for some drops to clear my inflamed right canal... then gotta go back for "further tests" and an ear hoover next week... fun times!

Hey ho... on a random note... I LOVE my mac!!! :D yay!

1 comment:

Marina said...

Good luck!
Hmm, that exam or my wonderful statistics and research method exam. Which one is better?
I. Wonder.
And yay for the drops. lala.
You haven't said anything about the new guns n roses cd, by the way. I'm surprised you aren't more WOOOHHBSDFHUOFBAJEUIASGDFDFBKBJ about it. Can't wait to get home and down-...I mean, buy it.
:3 you love me.