Wednesday 20 August 2008

A blog I wrote last night before my internet cut out!

Ah, so I'm off to Rome tomorrow evening.  Straight after work I shall be off to the airport, so this may be my last blog until I come back (late monday night), unless I decide to post tomorrow morning...


Today has been interesting, starting off by being grabbed, picked up and thrown into the freezing pool by Dan, my friend who's moto is "LIFE'S TOO SHORT NOT TO FLIRT".  lol!  He makes me laugh and makes the days go a bit quicker at work.  Another great swimming lesson, with vast improvement and more smiles.  Work was better than I thought it would be.  There were most of my favourite colleagues on duty today, so again, lots of laughs and high spirits and songs going round and round my head that I apparently danced to without realizing, which made people laugh.  Another false emergency alarm went off, again, pushed by some idiotic teen. *sigh*


I got home, and got slightly amazed and pissed off at the rules of clothing and general society and how petty it all is.  I mean, who ever said it was absolute rule and law to wear two shoes that look the same?  Surely, the job of the shoe, is to protect and provide comfort?  So if both shoes fit like a glove and are comfy and provide protection to my feet, why the hell do they have to match?  Why is it so outrageous to wear "odd" shoes?!  And why does it matter if your converses looked old and battered?  Do I care what others think about my beloved shoes?! NO!!  I got asked "If you weren't a converse freak, and you saw someone walking down the street with those on, you wouldn't think dirty trollop?  are you serious?  you wouldn't think that?  of course you would"... NO I wouldn't!!!!!  I'd think, hmm, cool shoes!  Why would I care if they had a bit of dirt on them?!  I'm not allowed to been seen wearing them in Rome, because it really matters what others think of my bloody shoes.  I'm not taking any comfy shoes for walking around a big city in for goodness sake, because they're too scruffy.  *sigh*


Well that was the rant for the day.  There was much better things to be said that happened today, but brain fart is very powerful I can feel it making my fingers tired at typing.  Saying noooo, I'm fucked, leave me alone.  


No comments: