Saturday 9 August 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I was hanging out of my Nan's window last night, looking at the amazing sky.  It's great that the windows are huge, I can sit on them and not fall out because they open sideways rather than up.  There were stars everywhere, so bright I swear I could see a whole different galaxy.  The air was beautifully clean and not too cold... so I just hung there and breathed for a while and stared for a while and thought for a while.  Everything was deafeningly quiet all around me and it was just so nice. 

Normally, if I were at home, I'd be struggling to hang out my window to get a decent look at the sky, but hey.

Dunno why I blogged this, guess it was just a nice moment that I thought I'd share with you guys.  I also made a few wishes on a remarkably bright star.  It looked lonely as there was quite a space between itself and the next clump of stars.  I don't think it was the north star, because I think the window I was hanging out of happens to point south.  But hey!  No shooting stars though.  Maybe I just don't how to look for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothin wrong with a bit of star gazing. If more people did it then the world would be a better place. As for shooting stars, they are damned hard to find but great when you do!

Anonymous said...

The thing with shooting stars, is to not look for them. Don't search them out. Just gaze and gaze, and then when you forget that you're even hoping to see one, whooooosh! And remember to make a wish too!

M