Monday 25 August 2008

Rome to Home

Bonjourno!  Ah, so back from the most beautiful city I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.  Endless blue skies and sunshine and roman cities and art to discover.  The Chapel in which Michel Angelo painted the hand of God was the most awesome sight ever.  To get to see the real thing, with my own two eyes was just breath takingly amazing.  Eating a meal in the night sky and the Colosseum lit up behind us as the stars shone was also amazing, and in a place I'd never thought I'd be.  I saw a bride and groom having their wedding photos out side the lit up Colosseum, what a beautiful setting.  She looked stunning too.  We saw the roman ruins, the statues of Emperors, magnificent buildings, and views, wedding cake buildings, genuine Michel Angelo and much much more.  Hidden alleyways that hold secrets and a Michel Angelo statue of the naked Jesus.  Absolutely beautiful and tucked away in a Church (one of 937 in Rome), a best kept secret that no one can find (unless with a tour guide!  who was rather good looking lol).    But most importantly I got to go to the Trevi Fountain, where I made my wish with my fist clenched around the coin, my eyes closed as I muttered my wish before throwing the coin into the magnificent and beautiful fountain... opened my eyes... and had a shock when I saw someone sitting there, but not as I expected.

On the way back today, whilst staring out of the plane onto sun rise and orange and pink and red and yellow and white fluffy clouds, I listened to The Clarinet and Celesta, full and pizz versions, and they just fitted so well, especially as we flew over the snow capped mountains of the Alps.  Happiest Ending also fitted perfectly...  =)

Ah, my feet are SO sore, blistered and tired and I can't wait to get into my lovely bed.  Up since three this morning but still buzzing, and ready for a nice early swim tomorrow to start working off my pasta gut!!  Unfortunately they didn't allow me to bring back Lasagna through customs! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back...it's mixing time!