Thursday 14 August 2008

Drift...

Urgh.  What a day.  I feel like I was put on a wave and left to drift, up and down.  The day started with excitement, went down hill a tad, then back up again when I realised a few things.  It then went back down again when I felt selfish and idiotic and generally in a shit mood with myself.  I also got angry at examiners and universities for not recognising talent and hard work, even with good grade to prove it.  I then went to my work party to chill myself out, it was great fun for the first hour, nothing like a swim after all.  But then it went rapidly down hill as we pulled Rosie out the water, with blood absolutely everywhere, pouring down her face from her head where she smashed it on the floor after doing a dive, suspected spinal.  The ambulance came after we cleaned her up and did our best to keep her conscious and still.  God I was so worried, it's Rosie after all.   Thankfully she's had her head glued up and injuries to her neck aren't bad, but it definitely gave me a shock.  My first life guard rescue and it was on my day off to one of my closest friends.  I also had to scrub the floor and clean the pool for blood.  So again in a very bad mood feeling shit and worried I went back home early from the party.  But then we had a family BBQ to get to, which was really nice, all sat around the fire, drinking champagne to celebrate my results, and I was in a really good mood.  But I then went back down hill again how ever, for no apparent reason, feeling pretty much like I did when I saw Rosie being pulled out the pool.  But then a couple of nice phone calls and a meet up with Alex in Chambers sorted that out too.  So now I'm pretty tired, but once again pretty happy.  Ahhhh.  hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, and Saturday even better.  Pink hair here I come.

2 comments:

Marina said...

I miss not being there for you. :(

Lyle said...

I'm pleased Rosie's OK, that other post made the situation sound horrific... :( She must be one tough cookie.