Tuesday 19 August 2008

Don't just hear... Listen.

Isn't it funny, how listening to a song you haven't heard in ages gives you goose bumps and shivers, memories rushing back into your mind like a cascade of rain, ending in a smile and a few warm tears.  Rain, rain, rain...   Its sweet tune, with the best sound in the world, and all the effort that went into chopping it up and pasting it together for the sake of 40 winks and happiness.

How what you might call sacrifice (I don't know the right word) is worth everything, worth the words "I promise" and what they mean, worth a smile on somebody else's face, worth knowing that it's all over... I didn't buy any Queen tickets this year, even thought I had full opportunity to do so. Because of the fact that I just can't listen to Queen any more.  I can't listen to that voice, not any more, because I believe him, every word he says... his voice sticks like the strongest glue... his voice that I love so much, that brought me comfort and company and gave me an escape that I couldn't find any where else.  But now, that has all changed, and so, I must not listen to my favourite band in the world, the voice I never want to stop listening to, but have to.  Because that is worth everything.

Listen, to things that you will never even hear.  Because silence is sometimes more powerful than any words.  And it's true that the longer you wait to say words that have stacked up to scrape the skies and stars, the harder it gets to say them.  So listen.  Always.

No comments: