Monday 19 May 2008

One Inch

Yesterday I wrote a blog that said I would publish another blog tomorrow. Well sense has been heard and I'm no longer going to publish that blog. I am however, still going to provide a reply to Marina's blog. So here's five points about me that perhaps a few people know, or no one knows, or have forgotten.

The first one is that I held a British record for my age group (I was 13) in 400m Individual Medley, long course. And I don't think any one knows it. But I was in an early heat (which means I was one of the slowest) and I raced my way into that final at the National Championships in lane 4 (the fastest qualifier) with a new British Record of 5 minutes, 19.16 seconds, being a 20 second Personal Best. Sure, I only held the record for four hours (I got whipped in the final, but still went two seconds quicker, time of 5.17.54), but I still held it... No one expected it, and the glory was great.

I dislocated two vertebraes in my spine on the first 100m turn of a 400m Individual Medley... and kept swimming... and won the race... with a new personal best... then got rushed to hospital... and had my spine placed back in again. Mental? Nope, just determined to NEVER EVER let those two particular girls EVER beat me in my best races. And they never did. So there.

I nicked a lambs heart from the experiments at school, I then took it to swimming, where I tied the heart to a piece of string, then onto the top of a changing room door. When she opened the door, the heart landed smack in her face. Mean, yeah, but it was one of the most satisfying moments of my life. (The girl was the definition of a two faced bitch)

My first crush was my primary school bully, who effectively gave me the life I have today: I've had my fair share of bullies, but looking back, I am so glad that Jamie (NOT Le Brun) took it upon himself to beat me up. Because if he hadn't I wouldn't have gone to Beaulieu. If I'd have moved school in year seven like every body else, I would have ended up at JCG. And that would have SUCKED. That means that the probability of me being a musician would have been zilch. I would never have met my best friends, my teachers, pretty much all the people who I've grown to love (bar my family, cuz I knew and loved them already obviously).

I find it physically sickeningly impossible to sit on the left-hand side of my sofa. So if you ever see me on that side of the sofa, you know I'm having a hard time. I'm absolutely petrified of the dark and I hate the smell of flowers. I hate the sun and love the snow. I talk to posters and they talk back. Oh, and I'm also convinced I can fly. So maybe this last point was a few points, but oh well.

Some things I bet you didn't know about me.

2 comments:

Lyle said...

The heart thing is AMAZINGLY DEVIANT. I'm somewhere between shocked and impressed :P God, you must've really hated her... Were you caught?

Moustache Fever said...

Of course I was caught, I swung a bloody heart in her face! hahaha