Saturday 10 May 2008

Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life Fer Me


It suddenly struck me today as I was shifting wet and stinky plants, that my life, the way I see it and my ideals are mirrored pretty well in the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy.

There's the kiss in the pouring rain, between Elizabeth and Will. I thought it was one of the most perfect scenes I'd ever seen in my life.


There's the unforgettable scene in which Davy Jones pours out his soul whilst playing that magnificent organ with his beard. (sounds funny when you say it like that). I though the way in which it was captured was perfect, the way Bill Nighy played the character, the way he felt that music, the emotion. Perfect.


There's the inevitable creatures that look half dead, though no where near bloody enough.


There's Captain Jack Sparrow swimming under water. I always loved underwater swimming the most. Perfect escape.


And of course there's the scene that's called "multiple Jacks" *cough*



Last but not least, I'd love to be a Pirate (as seen in POTC). I'd get to drink rum all day, get hitched with a Captain, preferably as hot as Captain Jack. I'd get to wear stunning dresses (unfortunately I'd probably have to wear the same dress for the whole of my life, but hey) AND I'd get to have dread locks without my mum complaining and threatening to shave my head if I ever got them. I'd get to see the world, kill a few people and not get into too much trouble (not that I want to kill anyone lol), and I'd get to sail the horizon to the corners of the world., and hopefully not get hanged in the meantime. Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life Fer Me.

1 comment:

gwailoleigh said...

I see myself as No6 with free food and lodgings and a snazzy jacket.