Sunday 18 May 2008

Piano.

As I was playing my piano, improvising madly in the key of B major, a thought popped up in my head. (dun dun DUN!)

I'm gonna do a Marina on you and ask you to carry this blog on with what song you'd call yours, or theirs, or what song reminds you of a particular person. So here's my list of songs and people.

Mine and Marina's song has gotta be Under Pressure. It was the first time that we both sang at the top of our lungs out my car windows last year, and we've sung ever since. Either that or Danny Elfman's "To Die For: Suzie's Theme". And she knows why! And obviously The Can Can. That'll always be Marina's song. But then there's also Estranged! There's so many songs that remind me of her! I'll never get away =P

Tuxedo Junction reminds me of Mr. Saunter. I think that when ever I hear that song in the future, even in the back ground, I'm gonna smile to myself, stand up and start dancing, no matter where I am.

A song that reminds me of Cecil is Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie". The way she belly dances to that song is jaw dropping. She's totally amazing at it and I can only hope to wiggle my finger as well as she can wiggle that ass.

A song that will always remind me of Methini is the "I'm A Spring Chicken" song (or any Indian song of course) But yup, chick chick, cluck cluck. (Only she will get this...)

A Tori song would have to be "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers". That song matches her personality so well, and when ever I hear this song, I will always be reminded of the bouncy girl that raced me unintentionally up to physics lessons. lol

An Alex song is one we made up. "Two days are better than one"... And of course any song that has the word sunshine in it.

A song that reminds me of Helen is "Jack Sparrow" by Hanz Zimmer (frame). That composition tickles me so much, and I'll always be reminded of the drunken, hilarious nature of Helen.

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow will always remind me of Claire, and make me laugh, because of the pain we both went through for that bloody play and how when any body sings it now, we jump on them to shut them up.

Any Rave song will remind me of Louise, because of our Silent Rave in the common room not long after she had settled in our group. She fitted perfectly.

A song that will always remind me of Thomas is "The Power of Love" (the version from Back to the Future). I can't really explain why, but it just does! lol

The Wheels on the Bus is Big Dave's song, because that's where I met him, on the bus. And I'm so glad I did meet him =)

For Rossopopollinni, I'd say Black Knight, because that's the song he did for his AS course work, and a time where I really really started to admire his raw talent as a drummer.

Aunty Cooper's song would be "We're the monkeys". It just totally suits her, and it makes me laugh, cuz I've seen that side of her that not many have had the pleasure of seeing.

Summer of 69 reminds me of Louisa. It was one of the nicest moments I've ever had with her, when we went down to the church one lunch to practice.

A song that reminds me of my dad is "I feel it my fingers" by wet wet wet, because he used to sing it to me when I was little to get me to sleep.

My mum's song would be Cyndi Lauper's Sally's Pigeons, because it's her favourite song in the world, and I can tell how much she feels it, which is quite rare to see in my mum.

My brother's song woul either be "Lost in France" (I HATE the song, and he loves to torment me with it) or Thomas The Tank Engine. He makes me laugh that boy, and I wouldn't trade him for any other brother =)

Lyle's song would be the Lost theme tune, or something completely robotic.

Sarah Jane's song would be Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better. That was my moto when we were swimming. (mean, but oh well)

Mine and Roger's song is November Rain.

6 comments:

gwailoleigh said...

the songs that will remind me of you will be music for airports by brian eno and standing in the rain by ELO. Both belong in the file marked miracle

Little Red Belly Dancer said...

Woo! What a good idea! I'm so doing this on my blog =^.^=

Anonymous said...

awesome

Unknown said...

I hope Lost in France really doesn't remind you of me. Seriously, I don't even listen to it myself. Thomas the Tank Engine is a given, but yeah.

Lyle said...

Hah, yay :)

Anonymous said...

im loving it haha, the wheels on the bus. made me laugh, thanks :) x