Saturday 14 June 2008

Big Fish

I never get post. It's always bills or business letters to my parents, either that or mail for my brother, and he doesn't even live here anymore! But today, there was only one flimsy piece of paper with an advertisement on it, addressed to my parents, and there sat a parcel addressed to me, wrapped up in brown paper, complete with string. Wow. Never under estimate the joys of recieving some mail.
I was listening to "I wanted you to know" by John Ottman from the Superman Returns soundtrack (which fitted perfectly) as I ripped the parcel open, and there on its side, were the shiny letters that read "Big Fish". I got shivers down my spine. Even at this moment in time, I had forgotten that I'd asked Lyle to order this for me off the internet a few days before.

I went straight to my room and put the soundtrack on, closed my eyes, and got swallowed whole by the beautiful music surrounding me. Ahh, Perfect.

No comments: