Sunday 8 June 2008

Splish Splosh.

Today I realised just how much I enjoy teaching.
Even though I start early on a Sunday, no matter what mood I'm in, teaching swimming always seems to put a smile on my face. Maybe that's because it's me teaching something that I love so much, and now get to teach my knowledge of it, and maybe one of those children might become the next nutter that loves to swim ten times a week and break all their bones!

I love teaching the adults and teenagers the most. They always seem so fascinated and listen really carefully to what I have to say. And they always try so hard to understand and get it right. This morning I demonstrated a width of breaststroke. I did it in two strokes and they all had their chins on the floor (hehehe). One of them shouted "so that's what breaststroke's supposed to look like!". lol. Watching the little ones try to swim front crawl with arms for the first time is always entertaining. I always feel so proud of them when they manage to get over the next hurdle without drowning!

It's one of the best feelings in the world, watching someone, no matter their age, progress so well through something you've taught them. Even though I love the teaching there's always some shitty classes, yet I still feel proud of them when they do well. Oh, and I'll still complain about Thursday's =P

No comments: