Saturday 28 June 2008

How Splendiferously Resplendent!

Yesterday I watched my favourite scene from Star Trek Insurrection. Geordi LaForge takes a deep breath, and stands tall on the edge of the cliff without his visor on. He then turns to Picard and says

.
"You know, I've never seen the sun rise with my own two eyes before... until now."

Somehow, that suits exactly how I'm seeing the world right now. It's strange, but it's like I've been given a new set of eyes to look out of and everything seems so new and exciting. It's almost like looking at things and people as if I've never seen them before, yet they're actually things and people I see every day. I look and wonder with my eyes wide open and feel so happy to be there at that moment in time. Just like seeing Nelly the Elephant with a dressage on her head, hiding in the vines over the courtyard. Wandering if there's a girl who likes to run in the gutters way up high because there's a lawn growing up there, with acres of land to play on. Seeing how beautiful everything seems to be at the moment and feeling lucky and happy. Watching the clouds eat the moon in the middle of the dark night whilst hanging out my window to get a better look. I don't even do this intentionally, I just seem to be helplessly filled with an endless feeling of amazment and wander...


Resplendent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions