Wednesday 11 June 2008

Isn't It Ironic?

Isn't ironic how I'm going to end my career at Beaulieu with my worst subject? Isn't it ironic that it was my best and favourite subject that finished first?

So today I finished both Music Technology and English forever at Beaulieu Convent School. Only two more hours of damn philosophy to go. So as I look back on these past two years, I can honestly say that they have been the best two years of my life (so far!). I've settled down into my group of friends, all of who I love dearly. I've found the best friend I think I will ever find, in Marina. I've got one person that now knows me better than I do. (which is perhaps slightly scary!). I've had laughs and giggles that have lasted whole lessons and beyond. I've learnt so much interesting stuff that I don't think I can cram any more stuff in right now. I've had, in my opinion, the greatest teachers teaching me. And I've found a home in that little room that is (as I figured out today) underground (!), called the studio.


Yesterday I told a group of year 12s, who are starting their yr 13 music course work that I'm jealous of them. They all laughed, because I just happened to be going off to uni to do 24/7 music, what I've always wanted to do (which I can't wait for). But I'm jealous of them, because of all the great times I've had in that room, because of how much you get taught by one great man in that room, because of all the compositions they get to do, because of all the laughs they will have, because of all the morning doors they might have... there are so many reasons. Getting on that boat to uni will be tough. Very tough. But then I guess that goes without saying, for everyone.
.
But no matter, onwards to the bright and determinedly orange future!

No comments: