Monday 8 September 2008

Cloud 9


My iTunes is on random, and a song has just come on. A song, that made me stop what I was doing, close my eyes and smile. A song that just made me stop and slow down, all that was clear was my breathing, relaxed, and focusing on what I can very clearly see and hear and smell. It's a song that used to take me to an air port. But now it takes me to a very vivid memory. One where I was laid across three swiveling chairs, with comfy head phones on, listening to this song, wrapped up in a coat and fast asleep. One, where it was the first time I had an actual hour of uninterrupted sleep in years. One where in that moment, I was in an airport. I can see myself clearly, and the room even clearer. It's brightly coloured and the smells and sights are razor sharp, clear as day, as if I were in there right now. And this moment, I hold in my heart forever. When ever I listen to this song, this is the room it now takes me to. And that, shall always be my little space of heaven in my head. So if things ever get a little tough, I can plug my iPod in my ears, and no matter where I am, I can go to that room and smile for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its funny that the same music takes me to an empty field with a sky full of stars and a head full of ideas.