Wednesday 17 September 2008

Mr Moustache Man!

What an awesome day!  Composing in the morning, mixing down and sending off my finished *I bloody well hope* competition piece along with it's film, having a huge idea in my head to which I can pretty much hear all the parts perfectly, listening to some fresh new talent and a lovely song, meeting Helen to say hi and bye to various teachers, then making my way to see Paul for a drink and a chat.  And as I write this, I'm coming up with ideas for Christmas presents for people... if I can get them by then that is!...

It's funny when they say that old friends will always be old friends.  I walk into his house and although there's so much that has changed, it was the same old jokes and moustache (!) and topics that we talked about etc.  What a lovely and great man.  Talking about swimming and such likes.  And talking about old, great and funny memories of trips and drawings I used to do for him, little notes he'd leave in my log book as jokes or retorts to something cheeky I said that day to him, oh, and how much flab my body holds now a days.  It's funny, he's got his office and on the wall are pictures of his family and cuttings from news papers to do with his old swimmers, and there in the corner stuck to the wall is a get well soon card I drew for him all those many years ago!  Chuffed that I earned a place on that wall.  It was a drawing of him from the back, with his bum cheeks hanging out his hospital gown, with the 
phrase "Hope your hospital stay was as brief as your gown!"  LOL.  

Tonight is Marina's leaving do.  I'm really looking forward to our walk and chat on the beach, with the stars over head, talking about everything and nothing.  The perfect way to say TTFN, ta ta for now, to my bestest buddy... and the perfect end to such a great day

Tu tu :)

1 comment:

Marina said...

lalalalala <3
L.A., here we come! XD