Sunday 7 September 2008

Occam's Razor...


I've spent the after noon practically glued to my mac, apart from the times when I was watching a film with my mum, and cleaning my car. (lol).  

It's a song that I think I've had locked up inside me for a very long time, for it's a topic that I've tried writing in songs before, but have been left feeling angry or helpless, which, strangely is not the case today.  It's not the topic some of you might think it is, for I am over that and have written many songs about coming out of it all and things like that.  So no, it's not about that part of my past (so no need to worry, I promise).

I just need to put the vocals in now, and that might be all that needs doing to it.  I'm not sure if I'm ever going to let any one hear it...  maybe just two or three.  The old and the now.  I think I wrote the lyrics more for myself, just letting go of it all through music, through this song.  And I think that it's high time I let go.  A meeting about a week ago proved that to me, and after all, it's three years on.

1 comment:

Lyle said...

I find the idea of creating something, and keeping it private really interesting... Just the concept of having something personal that you can hold onto and be proud of.
I know the work was nowhere in the league that you and/or Mr. S churn out at regular intervals, but I love that only I know the tune to the lyrics I jotted down a while ago.... And no one else is ever gonna hear it - even if I wanted to tell people! Sometimes it just pops up in my head, I try and remember where it's from, and realise that the source is and always has been completely internal, and that's super philosophically stimulating :D